Making the decision to move yourself or your family is a major event. If you’re moving across town or across the country, the event can be exiting, but hectic. Robert Simpson can guide you and help you gather information about locations that will fit your needs best.
If you have kids, you can make the decision to include them in the home selection process. You can even opt to host a “good-bye party” to get them excited about the new adventure.
AS YOU PLAN YOUR MOVE
- 4-6 weeks before, take inventory of your possessions and decided what to keep and what to toss
- Consider donating anything you no longer need – if you keep receipts, you may be able to use the donation as a tax deduction
- Consider selling items via eBay, garage sales or even to the buyer of your home
- Gather valuables and important documents in a safe place for transporting
- Keep records and receipts of moving expenses – you may be able to use it as a tax deduction